votematch foreign aid rant

  • tonymaloley
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2004
      Continue Foreign Aid to Russia, Israel, Others

      In the summary, it says Tony supports this. But this issue was not
      on the quiz.

      In reality, Tony does not like the concept of foreign aid, except
      where people are in danger of starving. I think it's the
      Libertarians who oppose all foreign aid, because it is in direct
      violation of the Constitution. People pay taxes to run their own
      government, not for money to be distributed to foreign buddies. If
      people want to help foreigners, they can give money privately.

      I especially dislike foreign aid to (dare I admit it?) Israel. It's
      full of former Americans, so our politicians make friends when they
      give Israel money, but the problem is that the former Americans don't
      pay American taxes anymore. If it's too hot for them to live there
      without help, they ought to go somewhere else, like America, and
      stand up and be counted like everybody else instead of trying to run
      away to a fairy tale promised land where any blue-eyed blonde with a
      drop of Jewish blood can eat all the honey he wants, because we can't
      afford it.

      Yeah, I know, I'm going to hell.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2004
        What if the majority of Americans support their taxes being sent to
        the foreign governments?
        Though I do have problems with the way we distribute foreign aid. We
        send huge amounts to countries with dubious human rights records, like
        Egypt and Israel. I don't like that.
        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "tonymaloley" <am7788zz@m...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2004
          Greg and Tony,

          These are the legacy countries that America has been helping. It
          takes much (time and effort) for the government to change the status
          quo even for certain domestic policies, let alone the foreign
          policies.

          My realist view tells me that the aid for those countries is still
          for the best interest of the American people.