Re: "Civil War in the Republican Party on Nov. 3"

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2004
      From the article:
      "I've never lived around poor people," Wallis remembers Bush
      saying. "I don't know what they think. I really don't know what they
      think. I'm a white Republican guy who doesn't get it. How do I get
      it?" Wallis recalls replying, "You need to listen to the poor and
      those who live and work with poor people."

      Tragic. What more can I say. I've always wanted to read Suskind's "A
      Hope in the Unseen" but never got a chance. It's an awesome book.
      It's probably less dramatic than Finding Forrester, but it was still
      a happy ending story:
      http://www.ronsuskind.com/newsite/hopeunseen/archives/cat_cedric_jenn
      ings.html