Re: my election predictions

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2004
      > Reagan was the first President elected in a year ending in 0 who
      > survived the Presidency. I hope your exception will work for Bush.

      Well, since Harrison in 1840.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2004
        I hope so too. And if Bush serves two full terms, then it'll be the
        first time since Monroe and Madison that two presidents in a row both
        served two full terms.
        But about the "No president running for re-election in a year ending
        in 4 has ever lost." there's no other number like that. Presidents
        running for re-election have lost in years ending in 0, 2, 6, and 8.
        But never in 4. It's coincidence of course, but interesting to me anyway.