Re: my election predictions

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2004
      "No president running for re-election in a year ending in 4 has ever
      lost."

      Reagan was the first President elected in a year ending in 0 who
      survived the Presidency. I hope your exception will work for Bush.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2004
        > Reagan was the first President elected in a year ending in 0 who
        > survived the Presidency. I hope your exception will work for Bush.

        Well, since Harrison in 1840.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2004
          I hope so too. And if Bush serves two full terms, then it'll be the
          first time since Monroe and Madison that two presidents in a row both
          served two full terms.
          But about the "No president running for re-election in a year ending
          in 4 has ever lost." there's no other number like that. Presidents
          running for re-election have lost in years ending in 0, 2, 6, and 8.
          But never in 4. It's coincidence of course, but interesting to me anyway.