my election predictions

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2004
      my friend jonathan's published my election predictions
      article at
      http://www.unlikelystories.org/cannon1004.shtml

      there are lots of other good articles about the
      election there too, i'd particularly suggest these:

      http://www.unlikelystories.org/keller1004.shtml Ann
      Keller

      http://www.unlikelystories.org/berriozabal1004.shtml
      Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal

      Luke Buckham
      http://www.unlikelystories.org/buckham1004.shtml

      Shane Jones
      http://www.unlikelystories.org/jones1004.shtml

      C. Derick Varn
      http://www.unlikelystories.org/varn1004.shtml

      Gabriel Richard http://www.unlikelystories.org/ricard1004.shtml
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2004
        "No president running for re-election in a year ending in 4 has ever
        lost."

        Reagan was the first President elected in a year ending in 0 who
        survived the Presidency. I hope your exception will work for Bush.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2004
          > Reagan was the first President elected in a year ending in 0 who
          > survived the Presidency. I hope your exception will work for Bush.

          Well, since Harrison in 1840.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2004
            I hope so too. And if Bush serves two full terms, then it'll be the
            first time since Monroe and Madison that two presidents in a row both
            served two full terms.
            But about the "No president running for re-election in a year ending
            in 4 has ever lost." there's no other number like that. Presidents
            running for re-election have lost in years ending in 0, 2, 6, and 8.
            But never in 4. It's coincidence of course, but interesting to me anyway.