o'reilley: franken will get a knock on his door and life will change forever

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2004
      http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris12.html
      fox news talking head is bill o'reilley being sued for
      sexual harassment by a woman who apparently recorded
      sveral of their phone conversations. most of the
      conversations are about sex, but this one is not. this
      conversation, as the woman puts it, is strange and
      alarming.
      "If you cross Fox News Channel, it's not just me, it's
      [Fox president] Roger Ailes who will go after you. I'm
      the street guy out front making loud noises about the
      issues, but Alies operates behind the scenes,
      strategizes and makes things happen so that one day
      BAM! The person gets what's coming to them but never
      sees it coming. Look at Al Franken, one day he's going
      to get a knock on his door and life as he's known it
      will change forever. That day will happen, trust me."
      During the course of this conversation, Defendant Bill
      O'Reilley bizarrely rambled about Al Franken: "Ailes
      knows very powerful people and this goes all the way
      to the top." Plaintiff queried: "To the top of what?"
      Defendant responded: "Top of the country. Just look at
      who's on the cover of his book [Bush and Cheney],
      they're watching him and will be for years. [Al
      Franken's] finished, and he's going to be sorry he
      ever took Fox News Channel on." Plaintiff found
      O'Reilley's rambling both strange and alarming.