Vice president John Cook

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      And I'd bet Cook has more experience dealing with Mexican officials than Palin has dealing with Russian officials.

      http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/best/2008/09/vice-president.html

      September 04, 2008
      Vice president John Cook
      Well, I'm sitting here bruised this morning, knowing the Republicans hate me. Not only am I a member of the hated media, I'm not from a small town. And the GOP made it clear last night that only small-town folk truly love America.

      Me, living in a city and working for a newspaper ... to the Republicans, that's as good as being a communist.

      I looked up some numbers this morning that I thought were interesting.

      As we all know, two years ago Palin was the mayor of an Alaskan town of about 7,000. BUT, they tell us, don't worry, she's been in charge of Alaska for the past two years.

      Alaska's population in the 2006 census: 670,053.

      El Paso County's population in the 2006 census: 736,310.

      The city of El Paso's population in the 2006 census: 609,415.

      So, this is kind of like if our guitar-strumming mayor was suddenly the vice-presidential nominee.

      Now, I'm no hater on Mayor Cook; he's good for El Paso (when he's not singing), but I wouldn't call him ready to lead the free world.

      Posted at 10:28 AM