Re: yesterday in 1932

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      Rhat history1day group has lots of interesting information, but
      sometimes they do overlook details like that.

      From what I understand, Britain was losing its grip on its empire ever
      since the end of the first world war. But if they'd known more about
      Iraqi oil it's very possible they would've tried harder to hold on to
      it. It would've been a different country if they had.