a bit of trivia i just thought of

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that never in our history
      has their been two presidents in a row who both served two full terms.
      I'm not counting people like Truman who got their first term due to
      the death of their predecessor. So if Bush wins in November and
      doesn't resign, die, or get removed from office, then he and Clinton
      would have broken this pattern.
      Greg
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        How about the Jefferson-Madison-Monroe combo?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          You're quite right, they slipped my mind. It hasn't happened since
          then though.
          > How about the Jefferson-Madison-Monroe combo?
          >
          > Ram
        • featherfoster
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3 8:24 AM
            You are wrong. Actually there were 3 presidents back-to-back-to-
            back who served 2 terms each: Jefferson, Madison and Monroe.

            Feather

            --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "greg" <gregcannon1@y...>