Bush’s laws will be scrutinized if I become president, Obama says

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008
      http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/05/28/bushs-laws-will-be-scrutinized-if-i-become-president-obama-says/

      May 28th, 2008
      Bush’s laws will be scrutinized if I become president,
      Obama says
      Posted by: Deborah Charles

      DENVER - Maybe it’s his background teaching
      constitutional law.

      If elected president, Democratic White House hopeful
      Barack Obama said one of the first things he wants to
      do is ensure the constitutionality of all the laws and
      executive orders passed while Republican President
      George W. Bush has been in office.

      Those that don’t pass muster will be overturned, he
      said.

      During a fund-raiser in Denver, Obama — a former
      constitutional law professor at the University of
      Chicago Law School — was asked what he hoped to
      accomplish during his first 100 days in office.

      “I would call my attorney general in and review every
      single executive order issued by George Bush and
      overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel
      violate the constitution,” said Obama

      Other goals for his first 100 days: work out a plan to
      withdraw troops from Iraq; make progress on
      alternative energy plans and launch legislation to
      reform the health care system.