Michael Moore endorses Obama, chides Clinton

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2008
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080422/ap_en_mo/people_michael_moore

      Michael Moore endorses Obama, chides Clinton

      1 hour, 4 minutes ago

      LOS ANGELES - Michael Moore wants voters in
      Pennsylvania to cast their ballots for Barack Obama.

      Moore endorsed Obama in a 1,100-word posting on his
      Web site Monday. It includes praise for the Illinois
      senator and harsh words for Hillary Rodham Clinton,
      the Democratic Party and the Bush administration.

      Lamenting the lack of a valid primary in his home
      state of Michigan, Moore writes that Obama's
      experience and voting record isn't as important as his
      "basic decency" and ability to inspire.

      "What we are witnessing is not just a candidate but a
      profound, massive public movement for change," Moore
      writes. "My endorsement is more for Obama The Movement
      than it is for Obama the candidate."

      The 54-year-old Oscar-winning filmmaker was hardly as
      kind to Clinton.

      "Over the past two months, the actions and words of
      Hillary Clinton have gone from being merely
      disappointing to downright disgusting," he writes,
      saying that she has tried to "smear" Obama — "Like you
      were nuts. Like you were a bigot stoking the fires of
      stupidity."

      Most of Moore's ire is directed at the Bush
      administration "and the permanent, irreversible damage
      it has done to our people and to this world."

      "I, like the majority of Americans, have been pummeled
      senseless for eight long years," he writes. "That's
      why I will join millions of citizens and stagger into
      the voting booth come November, like a boxer in the
      12th round, all bloodied and bruised with one eye
      swollen shut, looking for the only thing that matters
      — that big 'D' on the ballot."

      Moore says he is disappointed with the Democratic
      Party, too, for failing to end the war despite public
      outcry and for "do(ing) the bidding of the corporate
      elite in this country. Any endorsement of a Democrat
      must be done with this acknowledgment ..."

      Moore declined to elaborate further when contacted by
      The Associated Press.

      ___

      On the Net:

      http://www.michaelmoore.com