Re: [prezveepsenator] Bob Barr to Run for President as Independent

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2008
      I don't know who James Kirchick is but Barr running will hurt McCain much more than the Dem nominee....

      Tom

      Greg Cannon <gregcannon1@...> wrote:
      http://blogs. tnr.com/tnr/ blogs/the_ plank/archive/ 2008/04/02/ bob-barr- to-run-for- president- as-independent. aspx

      Bob Barr to Run for President as Independent

      Rumors have been circulating over the past week that
      former House Manager and Georgia Congressman Bob Barr
      may run for president on the Libertarian Party ticket.
      A well-informed source tells me today that he will
      run...as an Independent. Barr has been extremely
      critical of the Bush administration from a libertarian
      perspective, however, stressing issues like coercive
      interrogation practices, warrantless wiretapping and
      the Iraq War (he doesn't differ much from Ralph Nader
      much on this issue). So it's unclear which nominee --
      Republican or Democrat -- Barr's bid might hurt come
      the general.

      --James Kirchick