Re: [prezveepsenator] Limbaugh urges Republicans to back Clinton in TX, OH

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      Fair enough.. If it wasn't as close as it is on the Democrat's side, I was considering crossing over and voting for Ron Paul.. partly out of respect and partly out of mischief. The problem is that you can't influence down-ticket races in your chosen party.

      Tom

      Greg Cannon <gregcannon1@...> wrote:
      http://www.newsdail y.com/Entertainm ent/UPI-1- 20080228- 20212300- bc-us-politics- limbaugh. xml

      Limbaugh urges Republicans to back Clinton

      NEW YORK, Feb. 28 (UPI) -- Conservative talk-radio
      icon Rush Limbaugh is urging Republicans in Ohio and
      Texas to vote for Hillary Clinton in their states'
      March 4 primary.

      Newsmax reported Thursday that Limbaugh has urged his
      listeners to "pimp themselves" by voting for the New
      York senator.

      "I understand I've got a big challenge here to try to
      get Republicans to change their minds on this and vote
      for Hillary to keep her in the race, to keep that
      party at war with itself," Limbaugh told listeners
      this week.

      "It's clear that Republicans in Texas have been
      listening to this program where we have advised
      Republicans to pimp themselves for a day and go vote
      in the (Democratic) primary ... I just think, at this
      stage, the longer Hillary can stay in this, the better
      for us," he was quoted by Newsmax as saying.

      Limbaugh said if Clinton and her Democratic rival,
      Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, continue battling for
      their party's nomination, Democrats will not focus on
      Arizona Sen. John McCain, the presumptive GOP nominee.

      "If Hillary loses this thing, all of that's going to
      come to a screeching halt," Limbaugh said. "We want
      all the disruption in that party as possible. It's
      about us winning."

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
        The future generations will look back and see that Ron Paul was right
        on everything, from foreign policy to monetary policy. It's so sad
        that truth tellers don't win elections, they are always mocked and
        laughed at and then dismissed.

        Ron Paul's campaign slogan: We're BROKE.

        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
          I don't like some of his policies:

          No affirmative action for any group. (Sep 2007)
          No need for Marriage Amendment; DOMA is enough. (Sep 2007)
          Don't ask, don't tell is a decent policy for gays in army. (Jun 2007)
          Voted YES on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)
          Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
          Voted YES on ending preferential treatment by race in college
          admissions. (May 1998)
          Rated 38% by the HRC, indicating a mixed record on gay rights. (Dec 2006)
          Rated 39% by NAACP, indicating a mixed record on affirmative-action.
          (Dec 2006)
          Opposes "hate crimes" legislation. (Sep 2007)
          Close Dept. of Education, but don't dismantle public schools. (Dec 2007)
          Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007)
          Equal funds for abstinence as contraceptive-based education. (Sep 2007
          Tax-credited programs for Christian schooling. (Sep 2007)
          Voted NO on allowing Courts to decide on "God" in Pledge of
          Allegiance. (Jul 2006)
          Voted NO on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges.
          (Mar 2006)
          Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. (May 1997)
          Voted NO on prohibiting oil drilling & development in ANWR. (Aug 2001)
          Voted NO on starting implementation of Kyoto Protocol. (Jun 2000)
          Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
          Voted NO on establishing nationwide AMBER alert system for missing
          kids. (Apr 2003)
          Voted YES on withholding $244M in UN Back Payments until US seat
          restored. (May 2001)
          No North American Union; no WTO; no UN. (Sep 2007)- there is no North
          American Union being planned publicly, and no evidence of one being
          planned secretly; all the people upset about this issue sound very crazy
          Dismantle agencies that have no Constitutional role. (Dec 2007)
          Put 65 projects into 2006 bills, worth $4B to his district. (Dec 2007)
          No on all earmarks, even those he proposes for his district. (Dec 2007)
          Disallow lawsuits that stop public officials invoking God. (Sep 2007)
          Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
          Voted NO on granting Washington DC an Electoral vote & vote in
          Congress. (Apr 2007)
          Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
          Amend Constitution to remove aliens' birthright citizenship. (Dec 2007)
          Keep rule barring immigrants from running for president. (May 2007)
          Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
          Voted YES on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment.
          (May 2004)
          Never voted to spend one penny of Social Security money. (Dec 2007)
          Abolish federal welfare; leave it all to states. (Dec 2000)
          http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
            Greg,

            I don't agree with his stance on many issues also, but on the most
            important issues -- foreign policy, the Iraq war and the war on
            terror, fiscal and monetary policies... The ever-weakening of the
            dollar is indicating that the country is becoming insolvent, the other
            dozen issues are irrelevant should a financial collapse occurs, and it
            seems increasingly likely by now.