Nobel Peace

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2004
      Can Bill Clinton be the next to be added?

      Ram

      Presidents:
      Theodore Roosevelt (1906)
      Woodrow Wilson (1919)
      Jimmy Carter (2002)

      Veep:
      Charles Dawes (1925)

      Sec of State:
      George Marshall (1953)
      Henry Kissinger (1973)

      Civil Rights Leader:
      Martin Luther King (1964)
    • tonymaloley
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2004
        > Can Bill Clinton be the next to be added?
        >
        > Ram

        I would second the motion. We actually had peace in Israel for a
        while, a situation we may never see again.

        Unless a lifeless crater-pocked radioactive landscape is
        considered "peace." I say that because it won't be long before the
        terrorists are strapping themselves with nukes. The genie is out of
        the bottle and we can't put it back in. My hope is that we can
        change people's minds and priorities before it's too late.

        I'd love to see Clinton use the Nobel as a bully pulpit to remind the
        combatants of what's really important. The sooner the better.

        Or was his contribution to the situation in Ireland more
        significant? I can't remember.

        Tony