Watch these campaign ads since 1952

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      http://livingroomcandidate.movingimage.us

      It's really ironic to see the clip of Dick Nixon saying he'll fight
      the crooks in Washington DC back in 1951. I was also curious about
      whether Lena Washington really cared much about Communism when Adlai
      was a more promising candidate for Civil Rights. I'm confused by the
      Stevenson ad in 1956 that says "President Nixon" though. He was
      supposed to be running against Ike!

      The video clips of the early-day campaigns were just more issue-
      oriented and less negative.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
        Maybe Stevenson was warning people that if Eisenhower won in 56 then
        Nixon might win in 60?

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
          Yeah, it seems like that's the only reason but still quite an
          unreasonable one.