Fwd: Quien es mas macho? Emmanuel o Cheney?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2007
      --- Julie Keller <jakeller@...> wrote:

      > To: UTEP Progressives
      > <utepprogressives@yahoogroups.com>
      > From: Julie Keller <jakeller@...>
      > Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:33:23 -0600
      > Subject: [utepprogressives] Quien es mas macho?
      > Emmanuel o Cheney?

      ---------------------------------

      I think we're going to find out next week....

      http://atrios.blogspot.com/2007_06_17_archive.html#4420515904221461998

      Washington, D.C. House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm
      Emanuel
      issued the following statement regarding his amendment
      to cut funding
      for the Office of the Vice President from the bill
      that funds the
      executive branch. The legislation -- the Financial
      Services and General
      Government Appropriations bill -- will be considered
      on the floor of
      the House of Representatives next week.

      "The Vice President has a choice to make. If he
      believes his legal
      case, his office has no business being funded as part
      of the executive
      branch. However, if he demands executive branch
      funding he cannot
      ignore executive branch rules. At the very least, the
      Vice President
      should be consistent. This amendment will ensure that
      the Vice
      President's funding is consistent with his legal
      arguments. I have
      worked closely with my colleagues on this amendment
      and will continue
      to pursue this measure in the coming days."