Bill Maher on Bush

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2007
      http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/new_rules/20070525.html

      Jimmy Carter must be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay. Last weekend,
      former U.S. president and current Al Qaeda operative--Jimmy Carter,
      launched an unprovoked attack upon democracy itself by telling an
      Arkansas newspaper that the Bush Administration has been the worst in
      history. And people were shocked... Arkansas has newspapers?!

      But, once again, we were sucked into a phony controversy about who
      said what and how it hurts George Bush's feelings. Because when you
      hurt George Bush, you hurt America's feelings; and when you hurt
      America's feelings, you hurt the troops. And when that happens, Tinker
      Bell's light goes out and she dies.

      Now, as for Carter's assertion, I was up all night on Wikipedia doing
      an exhaustive study of former presidents. And while other presidents
      have sucked in their own individual ways, Bush is like a smorgasbord
      of "suck." He -- he combines the corruption of Warren G. Harding, the
      war-mongering of James Polk, and the abuse of power of Richard Nixon.

      Nixon got in trouble for illegally wiretapping Democratic
      headquarters. Bush is illegally wiretapping the entire country!

      Nixon opened up relations with the Chinese. Bush let them poison your dog.

      Herbert Hoover, who was literally named after a machine that
      sucks--sat on his ass through four years of Depression, but he was an
      actual engineer. And if someone told him about global warming, he
      would have understood it before the penguins caught on fire.

      Ulysses S. Grant let his cronies loot the republic, but he won his
      Civil War.

      Harding...Harding sucked, but he once said, "I am not fit for this
      office and never should have been here." So at least he knew he
      sucked. He never walked offstage like Bush does after one of his
      embarrassing, language-mangling press conferences--with that smirk on
      his face like, "Nailed it!" Or maybe that's just the look you get when
      you have a showdown with the Democrats, and you win. Like he just did
      with Iraq. You don't get to become the worst president ever without a
      little help from the other side.

      You know, I like Jimmy Carter, but when the -- when the Republican
      "fake outrage" machine pretended to be so upset at his remarks, Carter
      did what Democrats do, and backed down. He said his words were
      careless and misquoted, and the sun was in his eyes, and his hearing
      aid went out, and he was molested by a clergyman.

      Instead of looking them in the eye and saying, "No, I meant what I
      said because it's true! And speaking as the first citizen of Habitat
      for Humanity, let me take out my Jimmy Carter toolbox and build you a
      house where we can meet, and you can blow me."