Bush may be saved by the immigration issue

    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2007
      IMHO, Bush may not be remembered as the worst president ever after all
      if he manages to get immigration reform done before he leaves the
      White House. The catch is that immigration reform will provide the
      population growth that will in turn sustain Social Security
      inadvertently for another generation or two.

      It's perhaps the greatest serendipity for a President ever.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2007
        I wasn't really convinced that he would go down as
        the worst until he turned his back on the
        Baker/Hamilton group last Dec., and this week he even
        alluded to that in his press conference, so maybe he
        won't overtake Buchahan. Incidentally, when the bird
        crapped on him in the Rose Garden, reporter Richard
        Wolfe quipped that the bird 'hates our personal
        freedoms.'

        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2007
          > crapped on him in the Rose Garden, reporter Richard
          > Wolfe quipped that the bird 'hates our personal
          > freedoms.'

          "Why did the bird hate America!?"
          Message 4 of 5 , May 27, 2007
            Obviously, a clear and gathering threat...

            Message 5 of 5 , May 28, 2007
              I just saw a very entertaining interview with David
              Pietruszo, whose new book "1920: The Year of the Six
              Presidents" was featured on Cspan 2's After Words. I
              have failed repeatedly in my attempts to get Yahoo to
              make links, so please forgive the lack thereof, but a
              copy and paste should get you to the site, if
              interested.

              http://www.booktv.org/General/index.asp?segID=8000&schedID=490&category=After+Words