Re: Chaos in the Texas House

    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2007
      God forbid!

      Do you think they actually have a chance of ousting Craddick this
      term? And would he have a chance at all in January 2009?

      Also, there is precedent for all this- a Republican speaker was ousted
      by a Republican majority in 1871 (in 1872 the Republicans lost the
      legislature and didn't regain it of course until 2002):

      http://texaslegislature.beloblog.com/archives/2007/05/house_no_precedent_then_what_w.html

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2007
        Great historical perspective, Greg... Craddick is
        acting like a petty third world dictator.. Well,
        strike that. My apologies to any third world dictators
        that might be reading this for the unflattering
        comparison.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2007
          I fear this may not be of general interest to the rest of the group,
          but, Tom, I guess you've heard about the walkout in the Texas House
          last night? I'm feeling proud that it was led by my representative.

          http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/capitol/2007/05/haggerty_leads_.html

          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2007
            I am proud of your congressman and pleased that he is
            a Republican. Apparently he's a man who will put
            principle before party..

            Tom