Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Reid warns against rush on gun control

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17 10:27 PM
      Yes, Gregory, it was reported on one of the cable news
      shows that that weapon was illegal under the assault
      weapons ban.. I'm angry too and find it paradoxical
      that we have lost 100 times as many of our finest
      young citizens in Iraq and it does not seem to have a
      proportionate impact.

      Sadly,
      Tom

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_go_co/virginia_tech_gun_cont

      > minutes

      > in U.S.
      > (news,
      > "rush
      > House
      > conceded

      > future
      > said
      > the

      > forefront
      > there
      > and
      > record)
      > took
      > in more

      > a few
      > them.

      > effort
      > nation,"
      > record),
      > failed
      > assault

      > very
      > early
      > debate

      === message truncated ===
    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17 10:44 PM
        Thanks Tom for the speedy reply. After thinking about it that ban
        came to me as the only thing possible. And I agree about the war
        dead...it is a number that should drive mobs to the streets.....I
        really wonder what it would take for the masses to rise
        up....probally if the phonelines to vote for American Idol were
        cut....I am very angry and not very eager to give the public much
        slack lately...it is not that I, we, any of us are so much smarter
        but the problems just seem so clear to me, you, others here, and yet
        there seems so few who care in the nation...I have been just so sad
        and upset to see and hear the pain of the young folks in VA and know
        full well it never had to happen...and then I hear the NRA crap and I
        want to yell...I may need a day away from the news.

        But again thanks my friend for the update.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 17 11:40 PM
          Gregory, I agree that outrage is not a comfortable
          feeling but it could be the healthiest response, under
          the circumstances. Taking a step back from current
          events, I see a lot to be thankful for: democracy in
          the US and across the world seems to be functioning
          pretty well.. I had been worried that big money had
          trumped it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I
          can look at how similar the political dynamics of the
          1920s seem to the current situation, and how the
          primary figures of that decade were treated by
          history, and how the voters didn't let it happen again
          for another 6 or 7 decades. More importantly, more
          people live under decent human rights now than in any
          time in history.
          I'm still really mad but I hope my previous comment
          about great nations declining was wrong.

          Tom

          === message truncated ===