Re: Reid warns against rush on gun control

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17, 2007
      Was this due to the assault weapons ban expiring? Sorry for the mnay
      posts here....I am just so angry over this loss of life.

      Gregory

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory" <greggolopry@...>

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_go_co/virginia_tech_gun_cont

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17, 2007
        Yes, Gregory, it was reported on one of the cable news
        shows that that weapon was illegal under the assault
        weapons ban.. I'm angry too and find it paradoxical
        that we have lost 100 times as many of our finest
        young citizens in Iraq and it does not seem to have a
        proportionate impact.

        Sadly,
        Tom

        === message truncated ===
      • Gregory
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 17, 2007
          Thanks Tom for the speedy reply. After thinking about it that ban
          came to me as the only thing possible. And I agree about the war
          dead...it is a number that should drive mobs to the streets.....I
          really wonder what it would take for the masses to rise
          up....probally if the phonelines to vote for American Idol were
          cut....I am very angry and not very eager to give the public much
          slack lately...it is not that I, we, any of us are so much smarter
          but the problems just seem so clear to me, you, others here, and yet
          there seems so few who care in the nation...I have been just so sad
          and upset to see and hear the pain of the young folks in VA and know
          full well it never had to happen...and then I hear the NRA crap and I
          want to yell...I may need a day away from the news.

          But again thanks my friend for the update.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 17, 2007
            Gregory, I agree that outrage is not a comfortable
            feeling but it could be the healthiest response, under
            the circumstances. Taking a step back from current
            events, I see a lot to be thankful for: democracy in
            the US and across the world seems to be functioning
            pretty well.. I had been worried that big money had
            trumped it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I
            can look at how similar the political dynamics of the
            1920s seem to the current situation, and how the
            primary figures of that decade were treated by
            history, and how the voters didn't let it happen again
            for another 6 or 7 decades. More importantly, more
            people live under decent human rights now than in any
            time in history.
            I'm still really mad but I hope my previous comment
            about great nations declining was wrong.

            Tom

            === message truncated ===