John McCain called out by CNN reporter Michael Ware

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 7:37 PM
      http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1285664.php/John_McCain_called_out_by_CNN_reporter_Michael_Ware

      John McCain called out by CNN reporter Michael Ware

      Losing support-once "maverick" McCain EPA/STEFAN
      ZAKLIN

      By Stone Martindale Apr 1, 2007, 18:31 GMT

      Senator John McCain was recently interviewed on Wolf
      Blitzer's "Situation Room" and when he was asked his
      opinion on the war front, McCain stated the US is
      "beginning to succeed in Iraq".

      Last week, when Wolf Blitzer challenged the Arizona
      Senator on CNN, he got an earful from the man once
      dubbed a maverick:

      "That's where you ought to catch up on things, Wolf.
      General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in an
      unarmed Humvee. I think you oughta catch up. You are
      giving the old line of three months ago. I understand
      it. We certainly don't get it through the filter of
      some of the media. But I know for a fact that much of
      the success we're experiencing, including the ability
      of Americans in many parts. Not all, we have a long,
      long way to go. We've only got two of the five
      brigades here to go into some neighborhoods in Baghdad
      in a secure fashion," said John McCain.

      CNN reporter Michael Ware responded from a remote
      live-feed, saying: “I don't know what part of
      Neverland Senator McCain is talking about when he says
      we can go strolling in Baghdad.”

      During a live press conference in Bagdad, Senators
      McCain and Graham were allegedly heckled by the still
      incredulous Ware.

      In a Drudge report posting, Matt Drudge claims that an
      official at the press conference called Ware’s conduct
      “outrageous,” and said, “here you have two United
      States Senators in Bagdad giving first-hand reports
      while Ware is laughing and mocking their comments.
      I’ve never witnessed such disrespect. This guy is an
      activist not a reporter.”

      Senators McCain and Graham flew into Iraq and drove
      into Bagdad, making stops at an open market and a
      joint Iraq/American military security outpost before
      appearing at the press conference.

      Michael Ware has expressed his views on the war last
      year in an interview with HBO Real Time's pundit Bill
      Maher, saying, “I've been given a front-row ticket to
      watch this slow-motion train wreck."
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 9:53 PM
        news hit this weekend that McCain talked to the Dems
        in 2001 about switching parties. Between that and his
        support fo the war, I believe that he is no longer a
        viable candidate.

        http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1285664.php/John_McCain_called_out_by_CNN_reporter_Michael_Ware

        > John McCain called out by CNN reporter Michael Ware
        >
        > Losing support-once "maverick" McCain EPA/STEFAN
        > ZAKLIN
        >
        > By Stone Martindale Apr 1, 2007, 18:31 GMT
        >
        > Senator John McCain was recently interviewed on Wolf
        > Blitzer's "Situation Room" and when he was asked his
        > opinion on the war front, McCain stated the US is
        > "beginning to succeed in Iraq".
        >
        > Last week, when Wolf Blitzer challenged the Arizona
        > Senator on CNN, he got an earful from the man once
        > dubbed a maverick:
        >
        > "That's where you ought to catch up on things, Wolf.
        > General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in
        > an
        > unarmed Humvee. I think you oughta catch up. You are
        > giving the old line of three months ago. I
        > understand
        > it. We certainly don't get it through the filter of
        > some of the media. But I know for a fact that much
        > of
        > the success we're experiencing, including the
        > ability
        > of Americans in many parts. Not all, we have a long,
        > long way to go. We've only got two of the five
        > brigades here to go into some neighborhoods in
        > Baghdad
        > in a secure fashion," said John McCain.
        >
        > CNN reporter Michael Ware responded from a remote
        > live-feed, saying: “I don't know what part of
        > Neverland Senator McCain is talking about when he
        > says
        > we can go strolling in Baghdad.”
        >
        > During a live press conference in Bagdad, Senators
        > McCain and Graham were allegedly heckled by the
        > still
        > incredulous Ware.
        >
        > In a Drudge report posting, Matt Drudge claims that
        > an
        > official at the press conference called Ware’s
        > conduct
        > “outrageous,” and said, “here you have two United
        > States Senators in Bagdad giving first-hand reports
        > while Ware is laughing and mocking their comments.
        > I’ve never witnessed such disrespect. This guy is an
        > activist not a reporter.”
        >
        > Senators McCain and Graham flew into Iraq and drove
        > into Bagdad, making stops at an open market and a
        > joint Iraq/American military security outpost before
        > appearing at the press conference.
        >
        > Michael Ware has expressed his views on the war last
        > year in an interview with HBO Real Time's pundit
        > Bill
        > Maher, saying, “I've been given a front-row ticket
        > watch this slow-motion train wreck."

      • Gregory
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 10:46 AM
          Tom,

          I agree with your thoughts that John's race is about over. I also
          want to add to that thought in this regard. And it might be
          interesting for this group. The GOP for decades has used the next
          person in line as the next nominee. John was that person, and so
          this is a bit of trivia too as he falls. I really liked John when he
          was in the 2000 race but as he got more Potomac Fever he lost the
          edge that made him so appealing to the nation. There is a lesson
          there for all the contenders.

          Gregory

          --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4 11:09 AM
            One quick last thought..as I read what I wrote it may sound as if I
            thought his race would end soon...it will be many months before that
            happens of course but I don't think he can capture the nomination.

            Gregory

            --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory" <greggolopry@...>