Listen To Molly Ivins In Madison From 2003

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 9:56 PM

      I thought  most of you might enjoy the wit, charm, and insight of Molly Ivins from her appearance in Madison, Wisconsin in 2003.  Her presentation lasting 80 minutes is broken into four parts.  It is time well spent listening.  And since it is Friday put it on your computer, turn the volume up; you know your office mates are going to laugh and agree with you that Molly Ivins is a most remarkable lady.

      Part One

      Part Two

      Part Three

      Part Four

      Her refreshing quality was that she cared enough about her country and the political process to use her craft of writing to try and make this a better place to live.  Conservatives and hard core Republicans scorned her but this was due to the fact she nailed them column after column by their shorthairs.  In so doing she proved the need for an honest and forthright columnist who could connect with average America on the issues of the day.  She had the ability to convey the truth with a dose of humor, which made the hard facts easier to swallow.  The nation is in trouble and she knew it.  She used her clever writing to make us care enough to read, and hopefully to act and improve the life of this nation.