Mess in Iraq etc

  • Richard Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2007
      Thanks to Gregory for the interesting e-mail. I have heard that in
      Africa a person's tribe is more important than country so I guess its
      the same in other parts of the world. I suspect Mobuto in Zaire was
      able to hold that large country (a.k.a. Congo) by the same kind of
      brute strength and after his demise there were years of civil, tribal
      war.

      I'm wondering if Syria is the same way. Didnt Assad (father of the
      current ruler) use strong arm, Saddam-style tactics against the
      civilians in Syria?

      Thanks again,

      Richard Kelly