Re: "in defense of neville chamberlein"

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      It drives me nuts when the neo-cons say we must destroy the
      terrorists because they cannot be contained or appeased.

      The terrorists, just like the Koreans and the Vietnamese, are all
      willing to die for their cause. By trying to "destroy" them, we are
      adding oil to an already burning fire of anger. Getting to the root
      of the problem, which is their hatred, is no sign of weakness but
      wisdom instead. We can choose neither to destroy nor to appease -
      but outsmart them.