Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Happy Election Day

  • Randal Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
      Well sure I'm not wanting to start an argument or make anyone mad. I just believe what I believe in.  I will admit I could be wrong, and I will be the first to admit it. With all do respect to the President, I just simply disagree. I do believe Saddam was involved.  It just would might near take God to come down here and tell me other wise to change my mind.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  But the true matter of the fact is, the world is safer without Saddam in rule. I don't know anyone who would argue that.

      I truly hope that the new Democratic controlled Congress will be good for America.  I don't see it happening, but I hope for our country, that they will be.

      I am glad however, to see Donald Rumsfeld leaving.  I liked Rumsfeld for a while, but I personally haven't seen any evidence lately that he knows what he is doing.  So I'm glad to see him going.  I don't know much about the possible replacement.  Mr. Gates I believe served in the Bush 41 administration.

      I'm not a close minded person per sei.  And as you may remember from my President's group, I don't and won't argue with a person.  I don't believe in it.  But I love a good old fashioned calm discussion.

      Randal

      THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...> wrote:
      In the interests of keeping this an attempt at a
      dialogue and not an argument, I would like to point
      out that Democrats are very capable of being poorly
      informed too.
      The country is broken.... the way to heal it is for
      us to ditch this red state/blue state crap and start
      to listen to each other.
      Randal, you are a gentleman and a fair guy and I'd
      like to try and make a deal with you. If you would be
      willing to continue this discussion with a open mind
      that you may be wrong about that, I'll do the same in
      any issue that you care to discuss.
      It's my hope that the Dems will govern from the center
      and not from the fringes. The next party that does
      that will not only garner this nation's gratitude, but
      it's votes, as well.

      Tom

      --- Ram Lau <ramlau@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > "Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do. I do
      > believe that Saddam
      > played a role in 9/11."
      >
      > This simply shows us how ill-informed a Republican
      > can be. It's quite
      > scary to me to be frank. Alexis deTocqueville once
      > said:
      >
      > "This delicate experiment called 'democracy' is
      > doomed to failure
      > without an educated electorate."
      >
      > Education is the only way to save us from ourselves.

    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
        I guess why others (myself included) are writing to you on this
        matter is that there was a concerted effort by President Bush and
        major Republicans to try and convince Americans that there was a link
        from 9/11 to Iraq. This was done in the lead up to the Iraq war and
        beyond. The fact that there was no link makes the actions by the
        Bush White House unforgivable. Many of those who lied about the link
        are now backtracking and admitting that there was no link.
        Not only have we lost almost 3,000 soldiers, with many tens of
        thousands injured or disabled, but also we have killed tens of
        thousands of Iraqis. A firm number will never be kwon, as Americans
        seem not to care. In addition, our nation is far less secure as the
        result of our invasion of Iraq and the turmoil it has created. Our
        foreign policy is in total disarray. It will be decades before we
        can recover from the disastrous course that Bush has set our nation
        on.

        So it IS important to understand that 9/11 and Iraq were not
        connected, so as to force home the issue that this President lied to
        the American public and led our nation into a war that never had to
        be fought. To fudge the facts is not fair to those who died for a
        lie, both here and around the globe.

        Gregory

        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Randal Brown <as_is_35@...>

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
          Yes,I gained my respect for you in the Presidents
          group, which is why I'm even discussing it. I know you
          can be open-minded. Don't take our word for it, but
          maybe do a little research. Check out the 9/11
          commission report, and of the Republican led House or
          Senate reports, any of the intelligence reports, any
          major news outlet besides Fox News. In fact any
          credible source except for Dick Cheney or Fox. The
          evidence is overwhelming.

          === message truncated ===