Re: Happy Election Day

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
      Even Bush has stated that Saddam played no role in 9/11. There were
      also many serious people and govt. agencies that also know Saddam
      played no role in 9/11.

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Randal Brown <as_is_35@...>
      wrote:

      > Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do. I do believe that Saddam
      played a role in 9/11.

      > THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...> wrote: Randal.. I have a lot
      of respect for you, and as such,
> [...]
      > > >
      > > > If Democrats gain control of Congress, then that
      > > will mean that
      > > Nancy Polowski (D) California will become the
      > > Speaker of the House.
      > > Third in line for the Presidency. I cannot express
      > > my true concern
      > > about this. It has nothing to do with the fact that
      > > she is a woman.
      > > It has to do that this woman is just absolutely
      > > horrible.
      > > >
      > > > Ms. Polowski has voted for EVERY tax hike that has
      > > come before
      > > the Congress. She voted AGAINST the Bush tax cuts.
      > > She voted
      > > AGAINST the development of the Homeland Security
      > > Department. She
      > > voted AGAINST the NSA wire taps. I know that is hot
      > > issue, but the
      > > way I look at it is, if you don't have anything to
      > > hide, then what is
      > > the harm.
      > > >
      > > > The Democrats want control of Congress because
      > > they don't believe
      > > in protecting America or Americans. And their record
      > > shows that.
      > > >
      > > > However, not all Democrats are bad. I'm not
      > > completely knocking
      > > the Democratic party. I know there are honest,
      > > caring Democratic
      > > leaders. There are just a few like Nancy Polowski,
      > > Hillary Clinton
      > > and Ted Kennedy to name a few that are just plain
      > > dangerous.
      > > >
      > > > I have to admit if I lived in Connecticut I would
      > > vote for Joseph
      > > Lieberman. He has supported President Bush on the
      > > Iraq war. And
      > > that completely means everything to me. Senator
      > > Lieberman's views
      > > have gotten him ousted by his Democratic friends,
      > > simply because he
      > > had the nerve to stand up and take a stand that
      > > wasn't popular. And
      > > that in itself is just sad. It almost seems that we
      > > don't vote for
      > > who will do the better job, but rather its a
      > > popularity contest. I
      > > can't help but think that our forefathers would be
      > > rolling over in
      > > their graves.
      > > >
      > > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like
      > > this, I don't
      > > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own
      > > homework and check
      > > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to
      > > their own beliefs
      > > and views. That is what makes America the greatest
      > > nation on earth.
      > > We can vote our views without fear of being killed
      > > because you dared
      > > vote against the "popular" thing.
      > > >
      > > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you
      > > vote. (Although
      > > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your time.
      > > >

      > === message truncated ===
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email

    • Randal Brown
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
        Well sure I'm not wanting to start an argument or make anyone mad. I just believe what I believe in.  I will admit I could be wrong, and I will be the first to admit it. With all do respect to the President, I just simply disagree. I do believe Saddam was involved.  It just would might near take God to come down here and tell me other wise to change my mind.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  But the true matter of the fact is, the world is safer without Saddam in rule. I don't know anyone who would argue that.

        I truly hope that the new Democratic controlled Congress will be good for America.  I don't see it happening, but I hope for our country, that they will be.

        I am glad however, to see Donald Rumsfeld leaving.  I liked Rumsfeld for a while, but I personally haven't seen any evidence lately that he knows what he is doing.  So I'm glad to see him going.  I don't know much about the possible replacement.  Mr. Gates I believe served in the Bush 41 administration.

        I'm not a close minded person per sei.  And as you may remember from my President's group, I don't and won't argue with a person.  I don't believe in it.  But I love a good old fashioned calm discussion.

        Randal

        THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...> wrote:
        In the interests of keeping this an attempt at a
        dialogue and not an argument, I would like to point
        out that Democrats are very capable of being poorly
        informed too.
        The country is broken.... the way to heal it is for
        us to ditch this red state/blue state crap and start
        to listen to each other.
        Randal, you are a gentleman and a fair guy and I'd
        like to try and make a deal with you. If you would be
        willing to continue this discussion with a open mind
        that you may be wrong about that, I'll do the same in
        any issue that you care to discuss.
        It's my hope that the Dems will govern from the center
        and not from the fringes. The next party that does
        that will not only garner this nation's gratitude, but
        it's votes, as well.

        Tom

        --- Ram Lau <ramlau@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > "Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do. I do
        > believe that Saddam
        > played a role in 9/11."
        >
        > This simply shows us how ill-informed a Republican
        > can be. It's quite
        > scary to me to be frank. Alexis deTocqueville once
        > said:
        >
        > "This delicate experiment called 'democracy' is
        > doomed to failure
        > without an educated electorate."
        >
        > Education is the only way to save us from ourselves.

      • Gregory
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
          I guess why others (myself included) are writing to you on this
          matter is that there was a concerted effort by President Bush and
          major Republicans to try and convince Americans that there was a link
          from 9/11 to Iraq. This was done in the lead up to the Iraq war and
          beyond. The fact that there was no link makes the actions by the
          Bush White House unforgivable. Many of those who lied about the link
          are now backtracking and admitting that there was no link.
          Not only have we lost almost 3,000 soldiers, with many tens of
          thousands injured or disabled, but also we have killed tens of
          thousands of Iraqis. A firm number will never be kwon, as Americans
          seem not to care. In addition, our nation is far less secure as the
          result of our invasion of Iraq and the turmoil it has created. Our
          foreign policy is in total disarray. It will be decades before we
          can recover from the disastrous course that Bush has set our nation
          on.

          So it IS important to understand that 9/11 and Iraq were not
          connected, so as to force home the issue that this President lied to
          the American public and led our nation into a war that never had to
          be fought. To fudge the facts is not fair to those who died for a
          lie, both here and around the globe.

          Gregory

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
            Yes,I gained my respect for you in the Presidents
            group, which is why I'm even discussing it. I know you
            can be open-minded. Don't take our word for it, but
            maybe do a little research. Check out the 9/11
            commission report, and of the Republican led House or
            Senate reports, any of the intelligence reports, any
            major news outlet besides Fox News. In fact any
            credible source except for Dick Cheney or Fox. The
            evidence is overwhelming.

            === message truncated ===