Re: Happy Election Day

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      Randal,

      We are still friends. Friends trump politics every time. Have a
      nice day.

      Greogry

      -- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Randal Brown <as_is_35@...>
      wrote:

      > I would like to correct that comment. I was in the process of
      saying something else when I wrote that and got interrupted. What I
      meant to write was "the Democrats want control of Congress to do away
      with the Bush agenda on the war on Iraq." I do apologize for that
      comment.

      > But Gregory I must say as someone who has served in the military,
      that war is hell. I know that is a harsh statement, but its the
      truth. Iraq is the center of the terrorists hub in the Middle East.
      I don't know how many times that has to be proven before people get
      that. Just stop to think about this. If we hadn't invaded Iraq, it
      would still be ruled by a hearltess, cruel dictator. It would not be
      on its way to being a "free country." And I would personally wager
      that if Saddam hadn't been captured, there WOULD have been more
      attacks on America. I don't care what anyone says, Iraq did/does
      have WMD'S. Its just a matter of finding them.

      > Gregory I hope this doesn't intefere with the cordial friendship
      we've had over the years. I did mess up what I said earlier and I
      truly do regret that comment. And to everyone else I do not say these
      things to upset anyone, but I believe in my ideas just as much as you
      do.

> [...]
      > >
      > > I know that here in the USA we have the inherit right to vote how
      > we want. But I personally am tired of only ever really hearing half
      > the story. I don't pay attention to national polls, I think they
      are
      > just propaganda. If we had listened to the "exit polls" in 2000 and
      > 2004 then Al Gore and/or John Kerry would have been elected
      > President.
      > >
      > > If Democrats gain control of Congress, then that will mean that
      > Nancy Polowski (D) California will become the Speaker of the House.
      > Third in line for the Presidency. I cannot express my true concern
      > about this. It has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman.
      > It has to do that this woman is just absolutely horrible.
      > >
      > > Ms. Polowski has voted for EVERY tax hike that has come before
      > the Congress. She voted AGAINST the Bush tax cuts. She voted
      > AGAINST the development of the Homeland Security Department. She
      > voted AGAINST the NSA wire taps. I know that is hot issue, but the
      > way I look at it is, if you don't have anything to hide, then what
      is
      > the harm.
      > >
      > > The Democrats want control of Congress because they don't believe
      > in protecting America or Americans. And their record shows that.
      > >
      > > However, not all Democrats are bad. I'm not completely knocking
      > the Democratic party. I know there are honest, caring Democratic
      > leaders. There are just a few like Nancy Polowski, Hillary Clinton
      > and Ted Kennedy to name a few that are just plain dangerous.
      > >
      > > I have to admit if I lived in Connecticut I would vote for Joseph
      > Lieberman. He has supported President Bush on the Iraq war. And
      > that completely means everything to me. Senator Lieberman's views
      > have gotten him ousted by his Democratic friends, simply because he
      > had the nerve to stand up and take a stand that wasn't popular. And
      > that in itself is just sad. It almost seems that we don't vote for
      > who will do the better job, but rather its a popularity contest. I
      > can't help but think that our forefathers would be rolling over in
      > their graves.
      > >
      > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like this, I don't
      > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own homework and check
      > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs
      > and views. That is what makes America the greatest nation on earth.
      > We can vote our views without fear of being killed because you
      dared
      > vote against the "popular" thing.
      > >
      > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you vote. (Although
      > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol
      > >
      > > Thanks for your time.
      > >
      > > Randal
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.
      > >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Sponsored Link
      >
      > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo -
      Calculate new house payment

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
        Randal.. I have a lot of respect for you, and as such,
        I ask you this respectfully. Do you believe that
        Saddam Hussein was responsible or played any role in
        the 9/11 attacks?

        Tom

        === message truncated ===
      • Randal Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
          Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do.  I do believe that Saddam played a role in 9/11.

          --- Randal Brown <as_is_35@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]
          > don't vote for
          > who will do the better job, but rather its a
          > popularity contest. I
          > can't help but think that our forefathers would be
          > rolling over in
          > their graves.
          > >
          > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like
          > this, I don't
          > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own
          > homework and check
          > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to
          > their own beliefs
          > and views. That is what makes America the greatest
          > nation on earth.
          > We can vote our views without fear of being killed
          > because you dared
          > vote against the "popular" thing.
          > >
          > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you
          > vote. (Although
          > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol

          === message truncated ===

          Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
            "Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do. I do believe that Saddam
            played a role in 9/11."

            This simply shows us how ill-informed a Republican can be. It's quite
            scary to me to be frank. Alexis deTocqueville once said:

            "This delicate experiment called 'democracy' is doomed to failure
            without an educated electorate."

            Education is the only way to save us from ourselves.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
              Once again, respectfully, are you aware that when
              President Bush was asked the same question in 2004, he
              said "Of course not!." I included the exclamation
              point because he said it emphatically.

              Tom

              === message truncated ===
            • Gregory
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                Even Bush has stated that Saddam played no role in 9/11. There were
                also many serious people and govt. agencies that also know Saddam
                played no role in 9/11.

                wrote:

> [...]
                > > rolling over in
                > > their graves.
                > > >
                > > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like
                > > this, I don't
                > > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own
                > > homework and check
                > > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to
                > > their own beliefs
                > > and views. That is what makes America the greatest
                > > nation on earth.
                > > We can vote our views without fear of being killed
                > > because you dared
                > > vote against the "popular" thing.
                > > >
                > > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you
                > > vote. (Although
                > > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol
                > > >
                > > > Thanks for your time.
                > > >

                > === message truncated ===
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email

              • Randal Brown
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                  Well sure I'm not wanting to start an argument or make anyone mad. I just believe what I believe in.  I will admit I could be wrong, and I will be the first to admit it. With all do respect to the President, I just simply disagree. I do believe Saddam was involved.  It just would might near take God to come down here and tell me other wise to change my mind.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  But the true matter of the fact is, the world is safer without Saddam in rule. I don't know anyone who would argue that.

                  I truly hope that the new Democratic controlled Congress will be good for America.  I don't see it happening, but I hope for our country, that they will be.

                  I am glad however, to see Donald Rumsfeld leaving.  I liked Rumsfeld for a while, but I personally haven't seen any evidence lately that he knows what he is doing.  So I'm glad to see him going.  I don't know much about the possible replacement.  Mr. Gates I believe served in the Bush 41 administration.

                  I'm not a close minded person per sei.  And as you may remember from my President's group, I don't and won't argue with a person.  I don't believe in it.  But I love a good old fashioned calm discussion.

                  Randal

                  THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...> wrote:
                  In the interests of keeping this an attempt at a
                  dialogue and not an argument, I would like to point
                  out that Democrats are very capable of being poorly
                  informed too.
                  The country is broken.... the way to heal it is for
                  us to ditch this red state/blue state crap and start
                  to listen to each other.
                  Randal, you are a gentleman and a fair guy and I'd
                  like to try and make a deal with you. If you would be
                  willing to continue this discussion with a open mind
                  that you may be wrong about that, I'll do the same in
                  any issue that you care to discuss.
                  It's my hope that the Dems will govern from the center
                  and not from the fringes. The next party that does
                  that will not only garner this nation's gratitude, but
                  it's votes, as well.

                  Tom

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                    I guess why others (myself included) are writing to you on this
                    matter is that there was a concerted effort by President Bush and
                    major Republicans to try and convince Americans that there was a link
                    from 9/11 to Iraq. This was done in the lead up to the Iraq war and
                    beyond. The fact that there was no link makes the actions by the
                    Bush White House unforgivable. Many of those who lied about the link
                    are now backtracking and admitting that there was no link.
                    Not only have we lost almost 3,000 soldiers, with many tens of
                    thousands injured or disabled, but also we have killed tens of
                    thousands of Iraqis. A firm number will never be kwon, as Americans
                    seem not to care. In addition, our nation is far less secure as the
                    result of our invasion of Iraq and the turmoil it has created. Our
                    foreign policy is in total disarray. It will be decades before we
                    can recover from the disastrous course that Bush has set our nation
                    on.

                    So it IS important to understand that 9/11 and Iraq were not
                    connected, so as to force home the issue that this President lied to
                    the American public and led our nation into a war that never had to
                    be fought. To fudge the facts is not fair to those who died for a
                    lie, both here and around the globe.

                    Gregory

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                      Yes,I gained my respect for you in the Presidents
                      group, which is why I'm even discussing it. I know you
                      can be open-minded. Don't take our word for it, but
                      maybe do a little research. Check out the 9/11
                      commission report, and of the Republican led House or
                      Senate reports, any of the intelligence reports, any
                      major news outlet besides Fox News. In fact any
                      credible source except for Dick Cheney or Fox. The
                      evidence is overwhelming.

                      === message truncated ===