Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Happy Election Day

  • Randal Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      I would like to correct that comment.  I was in the process of saying something else when I wrote that and got interrupted.  What I meant to write was "the Democrats want control of Congress to do away with the Bush agenda on the war on Iraq."  I do apologize for that comment.

      But Gregory I must say as someone who has served in the military, that war is hell. I know that is a harsh statement, but its the truth.  Iraq is the center of the terrorists hub in the Middle East.  I don't know how many times that has to be proven before people get that.  Just stop to think about this.  If we hadn't invaded Iraq, it would still be ruled by a hearltess, cruel dictator. It would not be on its way to being a "free country."  And I would personally wager that if Saddam hadn't been captured, there WOULD have been more attacks on America.  I don't care what anyone says, Iraq did/does have WMD'S. Its just a matter of finding them.

      Gregory I hope this doesn't intefere with the cordial friendship we've had over the years.  I did mess up what I said earlier and I truly do regret that comment. And to everyone else I do not say these things to upset anyone, but I believe in my ideas just as much as you do.

      Randal

      Gregory <greggolopry@...> wrote:

      Dear Randal,

      You write, "The Democrats want control of Congress because they don't
      believe in protecting America or Americans. And their record shows
      that."

      I think that is shameful statement!

      A friend sent me a political cartoon recently showing how many
      American troops have been killed in our efforts to avenge the
      terrorist attacks on 9/11 in New York and Washington, D.C. In a
      simple drawing the madness of our foreign policy was most visible.
      The fact that we invaded a country in the Middle East that was not
      involved with 9/11, and have suffered thousands of deaths as a
      result, while Afghanistan, a true player in the terrorist attacks, is
      being lost militarily due to a lack of manpower or a well thought out
      strategy, should enrage everyone.

      But I guess you see those actions as being patriotic. I guess you
      see those failed actions as protecting our country.

      The public is tired of being lied to, and spied on. They are tired of
      those who never truly served in the military in their youth, now
      starting wars while in public office, and as a result making the
      world a much more unsafe place. They are tired of being led to
      believe there ever was a war on terror being conducted in Iraq, but
      instead now know it was a political decision by President Bush and
      Dick Cheney that had nothing to do with our national security.

      The American public knows what is going on, and the latest polling
      not only shows what the issues are that need changing, but which
      political party they best trust to get the job done. The political
      chaos of the Republican campaign shows they have nothing left to
      offer except mean-spiritedness and bankrupt ideas. This year the
      public is listening, watching, and is now voting……

      Gregory

      --- In prezveepsenator@ yahoogroups. com, Randal Brown <as_is_35@.. .>
      wrote:

      > I would like to take the opportunity to urge each of you to go vote
      today. I did first thing this morning.

      > I don't normally write messages like this, but I am only because
      I feel so very strongly about it.

      > If you are a ardent Democrat and are going to vote Democratic
      irregardless of what anyone says, then you might as well stop reading
      this email and delete it, because you are not going to like this
      email.

      > I know that here in the USA we have the inherit right to vote how
      we want. But I personally am tired of only ever really hearing half
      the story. I don't pay attention to national polls, I think they are
      just propaganda. If we had listened to the "exit polls" in 2000 and
      2004 then Al Gore and/or John Kerry would have been elected
      President.

      > If Democrats gain control of Congress, then that will mean that
      Nancy Polowski (D) California will become the Speaker of the House.
      Third in line for the Presidency. I cannot express my true concern
      about this. It has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman.
      It has to do that this woman is just absolutely horrible.

      > Ms. Polowski has voted for EVERY tax hike that has come before
      the Congress. She voted AGAINST the Bush tax cuts. She voted
      AGAINST the development of the Homeland Security Department. She
      voted AGAINST the NSA wire taps. I know that is hot issue, but the
      way I look at it is, if you don't have anything to hide, then what is
      the harm.

      > The Democrats want control of Congress because they don't believe
      in protecting America or Americans. And their record shows that.

      > However, not all Democrats are bad. I'm not completely knocking
      the Democratic party. I know there are honest, caring Democratic
      leaders. There are just a few like Nancy Polowski, Hillary Clinton
      and Ted Kennedy to name a few that are just plain dangerous.

      > I have to admit if I lived in Connecticut I would vote for Joseph
      Lieberman. He has supported President Bush on the Iraq war. And
      that completely means everything to me. Senator Lieberman's views
      have gotten him ousted by his Democratic friends, simply because he
      had the nerve to stand up and take a stand that wasn't popular. And
      that in itself is just sad. It almost seems that we don't vote for
      who will do the better job, but rather its a popularity contest. I
      can't help but think that our forefathers would be rolling over in
      their graves.

      > Again I don't normally like to make messages like this, I don't
      expect you to take my word for it. Do your own homework and check
      the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs
      and views. That is what makes America the greatest nation on earth.
      We can vote our views without fear of being killed because you dared
      vote against the "popular" thing.

      > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you vote. (Although
      I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol

      > Thanks for your time.
      >
      > Randal
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---

      Sponsored Link

    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
        Randal,

        We are still friends. Friends trump politics every time. Have a
        nice day.

        Greogry

        wrote:

> [...]
        > their graves.
        > >
        > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like this, I don't
        > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own homework and check
        > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs
        > and views. That is what makes America the greatest nation on earth.
        > We can vote our views without fear of being killed because you
        dared
        > vote against the "popular" thing.
        > >
        > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you vote. (Although
        > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol
        > >
        > > Thanks for your time.
        > >
        > > Randal
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.
        > >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Sponsored Link
        >
        > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo -
        Calculate new house payment

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
          Randal.. I have a lot of respect for you, and as such,
          I ask you this respectfully. Do you believe that
          Saddam Hussein was responsible or played any role in
          the 9/11 attacks?

          Tom

          === message truncated ===
        • Randal Brown
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
            Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do.  I do believe that Saddam played a role in 9/11.

            --- Randal Brown <as_is_35@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]
            > don't vote for
            > who will do the better job, but rather its a
            > popularity contest. I
            > can't help but think that our forefathers would be
            > rolling over in
            > their graves.
            > >
            > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like
            > this, I don't
            > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own
            > homework and check
            > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to
            > their own beliefs
            > and views. That is what makes America the greatest
            > nation on earth.
            > We can vote our views without fear of being killed
            > because you dared
            > vote against the "popular" thing.
            > >
            > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you
            > vote. (Although
            > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol

            === message truncated ===

            Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
              "Well the short answer Thomas is yes I do. I do believe that Saddam
              played a role in 9/11."

              This simply shows us how ill-informed a Republican can be. It's quite
              scary to me to be frank. Alexis deTocqueville once said:

              "This delicate experiment called 'democracy' is doomed to failure
              without an educated electorate."

              Education is the only way to save us from ourselves.

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                Once again, respectfully, are you aware that when
                President Bush was asked the same question in 2004, he
                said "Of course not!." I included the exclamation
                point because he said it emphatically.

                Tom

                === message truncated ===
              • Gregory
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                  Even Bush has stated that Saddam played no role in 9/11. There were
                  also many serious people and govt. agencies that also know Saddam
                  played no role in 9/11.

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > > rolling over in
                  > > their graves.
                  > > >
                  > > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like
                  > > this, I don't
                  > > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own
                  > > homework and check
                  > > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to
                  > > their own beliefs
                  > > and views. That is what makes America the greatest
                  > > nation on earth.
                  > > We can vote our views without fear of being killed
                  > > because you dared
                  > > vote against the "popular" thing.
                  > > >
                  > > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you
                  > > vote. (Although
                  > > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks for your time.
                  > > >

                  > === message truncated ===
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email

                • Randal Brown
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                    Well sure I'm not wanting to start an argument or make anyone mad. I just believe what I believe in.  I will admit I could be wrong, and I will be the first to admit it. With all do respect to the President, I just simply disagree. I do believe Saddam was involved.  It just would might near take God to come down here and tell me other wise to change my mind.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  But the true matter of the fact is, the world is safer without Saddam in rule. I don't know anyone who would argue that.

                    I truly hope that the new Democratic controlled Congress will be good for America.  I don't see it happening, but I hope for our country, that they will be.

                    I am glad however, to see Donald Rumsfeld leaving.  I liked Rumsfeld for a while, but I personally haven't seen any evidence lately that he knows what he is doing.  So I'm glad to see him going.  I don't know much about the possible replacement.  Mr. Gates I believe served in the Bush 41 administration.

                    I'm not a close minded person per sei.  And as you may remember from my President's group, I don't and won't argue with a person.  I don't believe in it.  But I love a good old fashioned calm discussion.

                    Randal

                    THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@...> wrote:
                    In the interests of keeping this an attempt at a
                    dialogue and not an argument, I would like to point
                    out that Democrats are very capable of being poorly
                    informed too.
                    The country is broken.... the way to heal it is for
                    us to ditch this red state/blue state crap and start
                    to listen to each other.
                    Randal, you are a gentleman and a fair guy and I'd
                    like to try and make a deal with you. If you would be
                    willing to continue this discussion with a open mind
                    that you may be wrong about that, I'll do the same in
                    any issue that you care to discuss.
                    It's my hope that the Dems will govern from the center
                    and not from the fringes. The next party that does
                    that will not only garner this nation's gratitude, but
                    it's votes, as well.

                    Tom

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                      I guess why others (myself included) are writing to you on this
                      matter is that there was a concerted effort by President Bush and
                      major Republicans to try and convince Americans that there was a link
                      from 9/11 to Iraq. This was done in the lead up to the Iraq war and
                      beyond. The fact that there was no link makes the actions by the
                      Bush White House unforgivable. Many of those who lied about the link
                      are now backtracking and admitting that there was no link.
                      Not only have we lost almost 3,000 soldiers, with many tens of
                      thousands injured or disabled, but also we have killed tens of
                      thousands of Iraqis. A firm number will never be kwon, as Americans
                      seem not to care. In addition, our nation is far less secure as the
                      result of our invasion of Iraq and the turmoil it has created. Our
                      foreign policy is in total disarray. It will be decades before we
                      can recover from the disastrous course that Bush has set our nation
                      on.

                      So it IS important to understand that 9/11 and Iraq were not
                      connected, so as to force home the issue that this President lied to
                      the American public and led our nation into a war that never had to
                      be fought. To fudge the facts is not fair to those who died for a
                      lie, both here and around the globe.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                        Yes,I gained my respect for you in the Presidents
                        group, which is why I'm even discussing it. I know you
                        can be open-minded. Don't take our word for it, but
                        maybe do a little research. Check out the 9/11
                        commission report, and of the Republican led House or
                        Senate reports, any of the intelligence reports, any
                        major news outlet besides Fox News. In fact any
                        credible source except for Dick Cheney or Fox. The
                        evidence is overwhelming.

                        === message truncated ===