LBJ's memoir for 1 cent

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2004
      I bought LBJ's book for a penny on Amazon. The last time I got a one-
      penny book was probably Bill Bradley's campaign book. The pictures
      in LBJ's book are well worth the penny and $3.49 S&H.

      I wish he had written something about his Senate years before he
      died.

      Ram
    • Joel Bader
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2004
        What are your thoughts about Robert Caro's recent
        biography of LBJ as a U.S. Senator?

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2004
          Well... Just like what I usually do with those heavy-weights, I
          randomly skimmed Caro's books. I strongly recommend his work to the
          hardcore LBJ fans (probably not too many out there) who want to know
          about the details of his life. But after reading "The Walls of
          Jericho" I kind of didn't want to read another (series of) book on
          Lyndon, I'm more interested in what he himself had to say.

          I hope Lady Bird is doing okay. She was a decent first lady.