Re: [prezveepsenator] Former Texas Gov. Ann Richards, 73, dies

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2006
      I'll miss her.. She was good for Texas and good for
      the country.

      http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/13/richards.obit.ap/index.html

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2006
        I wonder why Clinton didn't make her an ambassador after she lost the
        governorship. She'd have made a great ambassador, wouldn't she?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2006
          I know that she wanted to leave public life, so maybe
          she wasn't interested.. don't really know if there
          were any offers but I agree she would have been
          great... I think she felt it was time to make some
          money. She's a homegirl from Austin, so it was a fun
          career to watch blossom.. she used to say ' you can
          put lipstick on a hog and call her Monique, but it's
          still a hog,'when pols tried to use smoke and mirrors.