Lincoln speeches

  • Richard Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2006
      Instead of the "with malice toward none" speech I think the
      Lincoln speech that best fits today is the House Divided.
      America is very divided, you can blame it all on the President,
      but there is plenty of partisanship, bitterness and anger on all
      sides. There is no doubt that a united America would be
      stronger, and all this divisiveness weakens our country. But as is
      pretty clear from our discussions, no one is very interested in
      compromise or agreement. It will probably get worse as we get closer
      to the elections this Fall.

      Richard Kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2006
        Richard,
        I don't think all the blame goes to the president, by
        any means, but he gets his fair share of the credit.
        With all due respect, and based on my experience in 2
        discussion groups, you may be the single most divisive
        individual I have ever encountered. I don't mean it
        as a criticism but as an observation.

        Tom

        Whoops!! I forgot about Ann Coulter.. she's definitely
        got you beat.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
          > Whoops!! I forgot about Ann Coulter.. she's definitely
          > got you beat.

          And Karl Rove... The master of divide-and-conquer.