Re: Saddam connections

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
      Since the United States has not flexed our diplomatic muscles to the
      extent we could to insure the Palestinians have a homeland there is
      of course bound to be consequences. Arab governments needs to show
      support and solidarity for the Palestine cause since most every Arab
      nation has restive nationals or religious groups that need to see the
      government in harmony with their concerns. So the former Iraqi
      government had paid the families of suicide bombers. Many in the
      Arab world see the images of Israeli helicopters with mounted machine
      guns and missiles as a daily way of life and therefore view a human
      weapon in a totally different light. I am not making a judgment call
      here, I am stating a fact.

      So when a government in the Middle East plays to religious zealots
      and political factions with payments or some other action is it that
      much different than the Bush White House pandering to the right wing
      by offering up anti-gay legislation or the flag waving amendment in
      the Senate?

      Gregory

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Kelly"
      <richwkelly@...> wrote:

      > Ram:
      >
      > The bigger question is whether Sadamm Hussein
      > wasn't supporting terrorist groups in other
      > parts of the region. For example, I've heard he
      > sent funds to Palestinian groups, not certain which
      > ones, engaged in suicide bombings and terrorism. As
      > a leader of the Arab world, wouldn't it be probable
      > Hussein was doing this? However, the belief that Iraq
      > had WMD's was the main argument for invasion.
      >

      > Richard Kelly
      > th

    • richard kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
        We're getting a preview of what this Palestinian
        homeland is going to look like. Maybe they should
        figure out how to govern the land they already
        possess before demanding more.

        Its been repeated many times that Barak made a
        decent offer to the Palestinians (back when Clinton
        was President) and the Noble Peace Prize winning
        king of the terrorists Arafat turned it down. Instead,
        another intifada, more murder.

        Oh I'm sure Gregory will say its all Israel's fault.

        Richard Kelly

        http://mail.yahoo.com