Saddam connections

  • Richard Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
      Ram:

      The bigger question is whether Sadamm Hussein
      wasn't supporting terrorist groups in other
      parts of the region. For example, I've heard he
      sent funds to Palestinian groups, not certain which
      ones, engaged in suicide bombings and terrorism. As
      a leader of the Arab world, wouldn't it be probable
      Hussein was doing this? However, the belief that Iraq
      had WMD's was the main argument for invasion.

      Richard Kelly
      th
    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
        Since the United States has not flexed our diplomatic muscles to the
        extent we could to insure the Palestinians have a homeland there is
        of course bound to be consequences. Arab governments needs to show
        support and solidarity for the Palestine cause since most every Arab
        nation has restive nationals or religious groups that need to see the
        government in harmony with their concerns. So the former Iraqi
        government had paid the families of suicide bombers. Many in the
        Arab world see the images of Israeli helicopters with mounted machine
        guns and missiles as a daily way of life and therefore view a human
        weapon in a totally different light. I am not making a judgment call
        here, I am stating a fact.

        So when a government in the Middle East plays to religious zealots
        and political factions with payments or some other action is it that
        much different than the Bush White House pandering to the right wing
        by offering up anti-gay legislation or the flag waving amendment in
        the Senate?

        Gregory

        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Kelly"
        <richwkelly@...> wrote:

        > Ram:
        >
        > The bigger question is whether Sadamm Hussein
        > wasn't supporting terrorist groups in other
        > parts of the region. For example, I've heard he
        > sent funds to Palestinian groups, not certain which
        > ones, engaged in suicide bombings and terrorism. As
        > a leader of the Arab world, wouldn't it be probable
        > Hussein was doing this? However, the belief that Iraq
        > had WMD's was the main argument for invasion.
        >

        > Richard Kelly
        > th

      • richard kelly
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
          We're getting a preview of what this Palestinian
          homeland is going to look like. Maybe they should
          figure out how to govern the land they already
          possess before demanding more.

          Its been repeated many times that Barak made a
          decent offer to the Palestinians (back when Clinton
          was President) and the Noble Peace Prize winning
          king of the terrorists Arafat turned it down. Instead,
          another intifada, more murder.

          Oh I'm sure Gregory will say its all Israel's fault.

          Richard Kelly

          http://mail.yahoo.com