Welcome or not?

  • Richard Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2006
      I was reading the home page to this group and it says
      words to the effect, whatever you think about (list of a dozen
      or so Presidents) "we welcome your different views and
      opinions."

      So, generally speaking, is that true?

      Richard Kelly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2006
        > So, generally speaking, is that true?

        Yes. Very much so. To quote Justice Brandeis: "If there be time to
        expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the
        evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more
        speech,
        not enforced silence." While we welcome and *encourage* the
        expressions of all views and opinions, we also believe that reason and
        knowledge will continue to change these views and opinions for the
        better. I totally agree with Jesus that "the truth shall make you
        free." (John 8:32) All it takes is an open mind to allow that to happen.

        That's what this group is about. That's why we don't delete any posts
        that are not spam.