Oh, Say Can You Sing?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2006
      http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/09.html#a8217
      Oh, Say Can You Sing?

      With some much phony outrage over the "The Star Spangled Banner,"
      being sung in Spanish, "Nightline," found out that not many of our
      politicians even know the words in English.

      Video-WMP Video-QT later

      NightLine: "The Star Spangled Banner" --our national anthem--is under
      attack. Or so you would think by the rush to defend it on Capitol Hill
      last week. As millions marched for immigration rights, the U.S. Senate
      introduced a resolution to ensure that the national anthem would be
      sung only in English. A day later a similar measure was introduced in
      the House of Representatives...read on "

      So how do you think Lindsey Graham did?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2006
        From what I heard, only two members of Congress could
        sing the entire song: Marcy Kaptur, Democrat of Ohio,
        and Gene Green, Republican of Texas.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2006
          They better put in a grandfather clause for GW,
          because he sang it in Spanish on the campaign trail in
          2000.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/CvmplB/TM

          Message 4 of 4 , May 10, 2006
            > They better put in a grandfather clause for GW,
            > because he sang it in Spanish on the campaign trail in
            > 2000.

            But then GWB on the campaign trail in 2000 was a very different Bush.
            He looked like a moderate to many.