Re: Pollster: Voters think Bayh lacks passion

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 10:30 PM
      > Sen. Russ Feingold of Wisconsin strongly appealed to the most
      > liberal Democrats but frightened everyone else.
      > Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts may have worn out his welcome and
      > needs a complete makeover if he wants the nomination again.
      > Former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina is like "an old crush --
      > someone you remember fondly, even more fondly than is deserved."
      > New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson has the best resume but comes across
      > as too unfocused and undisciplined.
      > Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware is viewed as the smartest candidate but
      > needs to talk about something other than foreign policy and Iraq.
      > Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack turned off Democrats by talking too much about
      > religion and didn't demonstrate that he's "ready for prime time."

      These comments just make me laugh. Don't know about Biden being the
      smartest. He's a good orator for sure.

      Sounds like people see a Clinton in Mark Warner in these days.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 12:11 AM
        If I were a consultant, I'd advise my candidate to
        talk about abortion in (Bill) Clintonesque terms..
        defending choice but talking about how to make them
        rare....just a thought.