Re: [prezveepsenator] New member

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
      Ok, Richard.. that was not in any way a threat.. just
      trying to keep everybody's frustration level to a
      minimum.

      Respectfully,
      Tom

    • richard kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
        Tom:

        Maybe its better if I just leave the group,
        if people are having "frustration levels"
        etc.

        R.K.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jesse Gordon
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
          Richard et al --

          I mostly just lurk on this group, but when I see something like this
          I feel a need to chime in.

          This group is the official discussion group associated with the
          following:

          http://OnTheIssues.org - issue-based website
          http://www.Speakout.com - its associated open discussion forum

          The speakout forum is open to anyone posting, adn so is this group
          (subject to Yahoo's rules). If yuo feel restricted here, you can
          always post there -- but I don't see much in the way of restrictions
          here. In any case, the main moderator there is assuredly NOT a
          liberal! -- he proudly calls himself right-wing. I too, would never
          call myself a liberal -- I call myself a progressive, and we
          consider ourselves very opposed to liberals (second only to being
          opposed to Republicans). But the core progressive principle is to
          allow open discussion -- hence why I chime in on posts like yours.

          -- Jesse Gordon, editor, OnTheIssues.org and TheSpeakoutForum.com

          From: richard kelly <richwkelly@...>
          Date: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:06 am
          Subject: Re: [prezveepsenator] New member richwkelly

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
            > Maybe its better if I just leave the group,
            > if people are having "frustration levels"
            > etc.

            That's what usually happens when the angry "conservative" callers
            phone in on Air America. They rant and mumble a bit and hang up.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
              Richard.. there is nothing wrong with a conservative
              point of view; in fact I'm a fiscal conservative
              myself, but that is quite different from calling
              someone a 'member of the Osama Bin Laden fan club'
              when they disagree with you or the current president
              as you did when you were in the American Presidents
              group. Civil discourse of all kinds are encouraged
              here, at least in my opinion, but insults are not.
              Many of us would like to take back some of the
              comments we have made in the past, and I am one of
              them. If you keep your posts well-reasoned and civil,
              you will be just fine.

              Tom