Re: [prezveepsenator] New member

  • richard kelly
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
      Tom:

      Thanks for your e-mail.

      Is there another discussion group you'd recommend
      instead of this one? It would be nice to find one
      with some conservatives and some liberals, where
      more than one side of an issue would be presented.

      Anyway, I'd like to give this group a try and am
      not here to cause any trouble, honestly.

      Richard Kelly

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
        Ok, Richard.. that was not in any way a threat.. just
        trying to keep everybody's frustration level to a
        minimum.

      • richard kelly
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
          Tom:

          Maybe its better if I just leave the group,
          if people are having "frustration levels"
          etc.

          R.K.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jesse Gordon
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
            Richard et al --

            I mostly just lurk on this group, but when I see something like this
            I feel a need to chime in.

            This group is the official discussion group associated with the
            following:

            http://OnTheIssues.org - issue-based website
            http://www.Speakout.com - its associated open discussion forum

            The speakout forum is open to anyone posting, adn so is this group
            (subject to Yahoo's rules). If yuo feel restricted here, you can
            always post there -- but I don't see much in the way of restrictions
            here. In any case, the main moderator there is assuredly NOT a
            liberal! -- he proudly calls himself right-wing. I too, would never
            call myself a liberal -- I call myself a progressive, and we
            consider ourselves very opposed to liberals (second only to being
            opposed to Republicans). But the core progressive principle is to
            allow open discussion -- hence why I chime in on posts like yours.

            -- Jesse Gordon, editor, OnTheIssues.org and TheSpeakoutForum.com

            From: richard kelly <richwkelly@...>
            Date: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:06 am
            Subject: Re: [prezveepsenator] New member richwkelly

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
              > Maybe its better if I just leave the group,
              > if people are having "frustration levels"
              > etc.

              That's what usually happens when the angry "conservative" callers
              phone in on Air America. They rant and mumble a bit and hang up.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
                Richard.. there is nothing wrong with a conservative
                point of view; in fact I'm a fiscal conservative
                myself, but that is quite different from calling
                someone a 'member of the Osama Bin Laden fan club'
                when they disagree with you or the current president
                as you did when you were in the American Presidents
                group. Civil discourse of all kinds are encouraged
                here, at least in my opinion, but insults are not.
                Many of us would like to take back some of the
                comments we have made in the past, and I am one of
                them. If you keep your posts well-reasoned and civil,
                you will be just fine.

                Tom