Re: Will Mike Run For President As Sane Perot?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25 8:44 PM
      DRAFT MIKE BLOOMBERG! A Bloomberg-Clark ticket is hard to beat. Even
      better, a Bloomberg-Clark administration will literally save the world
      and advance mankind.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25 9:57 PM
        It does sound like an interesting ticket, but I think the first person
        a draft movement would need to convince would be Bloomberg himself:

        http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--bloomberg20080215feb15,0,6343271.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork
        Mayor squashes idea of running for president, again

        By SARA KUGLER
        Associated Press Writer

        February 15, 2006, 3:56 PM EST

        NEW YORK -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg shot down, again, the suggestion
        that his next move might be a run for president, asking reporters on
        Wednesday "which letter of the word 'No' do you not understand?"

        The 64-year-old Republican mayor began his second term last month and
        says repeatedly that his first job in elected office will be his last.

        "It's the greatest job in the world, one that I think I can contribute
        something to the city that I love and the city that my family lives in
        and will continue to live in," said Bloomberg, who is a billionaire
        former businessman.

        "When I get done with this in four years, I've said that my next
        career will be in philanthropy. That has not changed," he added.

        It's the same response he gave the last time the question was asked
        publicly _ the morning after Election Day last fall, when he crushed
        his opponent and won a second term.

        "I couldn't make it more clear," he said on Nov. 9. "I will work, God
        willing, for the next four years for this city as mayor and then go
        into the world of philanthropy for my next career."

        So why won't this go away?

        Some point to Bloomberg's top political adviser and deputy mayor,
        Kevin Sheekey, who masterminded his boss's re-election and enjoys
        winking at the rumor as one of his favorite reporter-torturing devices.

        The running political parlor game now is to guess where Sheekey will
        next direct his energy. Many say he would like to convince Bloomberg
        to join the 2008 race_ which is already crowded with possible
        contenders from New York, including Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Gov.
        George Pataki and Bloomberg's predecessor, Rudolph Giuliani.

        After the idea was revived again Wednesday in The New York Observer,
        Bloomberg squashed the notion that anyone could change his mind.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26 8:42 AM
          > "When I get done with this in four years, I've said that my next
          > career will be in philanthropy. That has not changed," he added.

          Which is not a bad decision, after all. But I think he should just run
          and be the next Perot anyway.