Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Arab Americans see bigotry behind ports uproar

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 25, 2006
      Tom, I've also been dissapointed in the Dems for quite
      a while. In 2000 at this time I was out gathering
      signatures to get Ralph Nader on the ballot in Texas.
      I've come to question the wisdom of that, but there's
      no use crying over spilt milk. I still think the
      country would be healthier if there was a viable third
      party.

      About Kinky- I debated with myself and with friends
      here for months over whether we should sign his
      petition or vote in the primary. I ended up voting in
      the primary because of local races. A lot of local
      races in El Paso are still decided in the Democratic
      primary, and this year there are several that I feel
      strongly about and that may be decided by a handful of
      votes. I'm hopeful that Kinky can get 45,000
      signatures without my help. It would be easier without
      competition from Strayhorn of course. I intend to vote
      for him in November and will encourage my friends and
      family to vote for him too. Do you think he (or
      Strayhorn for that matter) will have trouble getting
      the signatures? How is his support in Austin? I went
      to see him last year when he visited a local
      bookstore, and there was a crowd of about 200 or 300.
      Perry's most recent visit to El Paso, on the other
      hand, only drew about 60 people. But the local polls
      still show a lot of El Pasoans supporting Perry.

      Greg