Re: letter to kerry

  • tonymaloley
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2004
      Nice letter. It reminded me of something I saw on "This Week With
      George Stephanopalous." At the end of the show, they play some
      comedy clips of the past week, relating to the news. They played one
      from the Daily Show, where Jon Stewart showed a clip (a clip in a
      clip!) of Bush saying something about Kerry authorizing force in
      Iraq, and trying to say he would flip-flop if that vote was today;
      Bush essentially using a weak argument to try to make Kerry look bad.

      STEWART: But this gives John Kerry an opportunity -- an easy
      opportunity to set himself apart, to make a clear, forceful,
      unambiguous statement: No, I would not have voted for the authority
      knowing there were no WMDs or just don't take the bait.
      (pause, speaking into the camera) Mr. Kerry, it's a softball. Hit it
      out of the park.

      KERRY (clip from a speech): I would have voted for the authority.

      STEWART: You're trying to lose!!!