Re: Touching words

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
      Stocktraders refer the downtrend of a stock "a falling knife" and
      that's what the situation was like in 1976. I dare to say that
      Ronald Reagan wouldn't have done a much better job had he got
      elected that year.

      The seventies was just a shitty decade in most parts of the world.

      Ram
    • tonymaloley
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15, 2004
        > Stocktraders refer the downtrend of a stock "a falling knife" and
        > that's what the situation was like in 1976. I dare to say that
        > Ronald Reagan wouldn't have done a much better job had he got
        > elected that year.

        Sadly, the current president usually gets too much credit or blame
        for economic conditions. The national economy has been compared to
        an ocean liner, it has an enormous momentum, takes a long time to
        speed up or slow down.
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 15, 2004
          > Sadly, the current president usually gets too much credit or blame
          > for economic conditions. The national economy has been compared

          But don't forget that the federal government has always been gaining
          more and more power, meaning that they do have more and more
          influence on the economy. Also, the President does have more control
          to the national economy and even the world economy because of
          globalization and international trade speeding up exponentially.

          The situation wasn't like that in 1976. But one thing for sure is
          that trickle-down economics is a scam and has never been recognized
          in academia. With $7,000,000,000,000 worth of national debt
          accumulated in just 25 years, Reagan and Bush II will be remembered
          as two most fiscally irresponsible Presidents 50 years from now.

          Ram
        • tonymaloley
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
            > trickle-down economics is a scam and has never been recognized
            > in academia. With $7,000,000,000,000 worth of national debt
            > accumulated in just 25 years, Reagan and Bush II will be remembered
            > as two most fiscally irresponsible Presidents 50 years from now.

            7 trillion!!! This calls for a tax cut! No, wait, that would be
            stupid...

            It's amazing to me that some people think that lowering taxes is
            always better. What do you get with zero taxes? Feudalism? Anarchy?
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
              > It's amazing to me that some people think that lowering taxes is
              > always better. What do you get with zero taxes? Feudalism?

              Much, much worse has happened. It's called robbing you and the
              future of the country and the world. The billionaires have become
              the multi-billionaires as there are not hundreds of them. They are
              pretty much controlling the whole world and transforming once-
              regulated capitalism to a global slavery system of different degrees.

              We are, however, very used to turning a blind eye on the little
              girls who work till they literally puke their last drop of blood and
              die in the 100-degree factories in Berma. Their lives are so cheap.