New book says Aaron Burr was a British spy

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005

      The Most Successful Spy in American History: Author
      Uncovers the Secret Truth About Aaron Burr

      Dr. Alan J. Clark has been decoding the mysteries of
      history for years. Through an exhaustive study of
      Aaron Burr’s coded letters written during the time of
      the American Revolution, the historian has uncovered
      evidence that may clarify our understanding of US
      history, while it simultaneously reveals some
      fascinating and startling facts about our political
      origins.

      (PRWEB) November 27, 2005 -- Early American history is
      considered linear, simple and straightforward, but
      upon closer scrutiny we find all sorts of bewildering
      and unexplained riddles.

      Dr. Alan J. Clark – who, like Gore Vidal, the author
      of Burr: A Novel, and Dan Brown, the author of The
      DaVinci Code, attended The Phillips Exeter Academy –
      has been decoding the mysteries of history for years.
      Through an exhaustive study of Aaron Burr’s coded
      letters written during the time of the American
      Revolution, the historian (who was also in George W.
      Bush’s class at Yale) has uncovered evidence that may
      clarify our understanding of US history, while it
      simultaneously reveals some fascinating and startling
      facts about our political origins.

      Dr. Clark’s findings are explained in his new book
      Cipher Code of Dishonor: Aaron Burr, an American
      Enigma (Author House, 2005). By using evidence gleaned
      from genealogical records, archival documents and
      letters, and publicly recorded deeds to property,
      Clark scrutinizes the relationship between Aaron Burr
      and the British Crown. Burr was a Colonel in George
      Washington’s army and later served as the Vice
      President of the United States under Thomas Jefferson.
      Dr. Clark’s book reveals that Burr was also the
      greatest spy and traitor in American history.

      Clark studied battlefield accounts from the
      Revolutionary War and found compelling evidence that
      Burr sold wartime military secrets to the British and
      arranged for Washington’s armies to be ambushed,
      almost costing us the war. History books tell us that
      Benedict Arnold was a traitor and a spy. But according
      to Dr. Clark he did not act alone, and actually worked
      in concert with a British espionage ring organized by
      Aaron Burr.

      Clark’s research also indicates that Burr – who killed
      New York assemblyman and representative to the U.S.
      Constitutional Committee Alexander Hamilton, the
      former Secretary of the Treasury and an author of the
      Federalist Papers, during a pistol duel – planned the
      duel as a way to legally assassinate Hamilton, who had
      never trusted Burr, always suspecting that he was a
      turncoat.

      But Dr. Clark does not limit his fact-finding to early
      American history. He further reveals a political and
      financial connection between the British Crown and
      wealthy New York City landowners, and offers insight
      into why Great Britain is now the staunchest supporter
      of the US War on Terror. A 99-year lease for the World
      Trade Center was signed a few months before the 9/11
      attacks, and Clark’s book ties that $3.2 billion real
      estate contract directly to the present day income of
      the Royal family of England.

      By uncovering the truth of our nation’s history, Dr.
      Clark helps us to preserve its legacy for future
      generations. He has learned secrets from the American
      past that are 250 years old, and his discoveries may
      be more relevant today than ever before. After all,
      the keys of the past have the potential to unlock our
      future, even if a few skeletons are found in closets
      along the way.

      For a review copy of the book or to set up an
      interview with Dr. Alan J. Clark for a story, please
      contact Jay Wilke at 727-443-7115, ext. 223.
      # # #
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005
        Whoa, more bad news about Vice-President Burr! (All of a sudden Agnew
        and Cheney look like comparatively okay Veeps.) I thought this one was
        pretty bad:

        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047139209X
        Aaron Burr : Conspiracy to Treason (Hardcover)
        by Buckner F. Melton Jr.
        "Aaron Burr's contemporaries did not think very highly of him.
        Alexander Hamilton, who could not know how prescient he was, called
        the vice president "a dangerous man, and one not to be trusted with
        the reins of the government." John Adams exclaimed that Burr was an
        "encouragement to party intrigue, and corruption!" Others referred to
        him as a "modern Machiavelli." And Burr, as Melton shows, had little
        trouble living up to his reputation. Feeling spurned by his own
        partner in office, President Jefferson, who indeed had little
        affection for him, Burr set out to make his own fortune by conspiring
        to unite the territory west of the Mississippi and secede from the
        United States. Plotting elaborately, Burr tried to play the English
        government against the U.S. and manipulated the Spanish government in
        an attempt to gain access to its western territory. But Burr's
        reputation had long preceded him, and both the British and the
        Spanish, as well as numerous would-be supporters like Andrew Jackson,
        turned Burr in to Jefferson as a traitor. Although Burr was never
        convicted of treason, he left the U.S. soon after his highly
        publicized trial and died a broken and lonely man. Melton, a professor
        of law at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides a
        scintillating blow-by-blow account of Burr's treason trial,
        introducing players like Judge John Marshall who were to become key
        figures in the history of U.S. jurisprudence. Drawing on the rich
        documentary history of the Burr conspiracy case, he weaves a
        spellbinding tale of betrayal and intrigue against the backdrop of a
        new nation struggling to define its laws and its geographical
        boundaries. Maps and illus."

        Ram

        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Greg Cannon <gregcannon1@y...>