Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for E" data-tooltip="Re: Forwarded Article: <font size="4">Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary&#39;s Party for E</font>">Re: Forwarded Article: Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for E

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2005
      Ugh, NewsMax.com needs better web designers besides the even more
      obvious.

      Byrd is one of the few rare Dixiecrats who did not switch party AND
      became pro-Civil Rights after the sixties. I wonder why the
      Republicans don't bring up the real racists like George Wallace more
      often. (Perhaps he's dead?) Anyhow, here is my answer to how the South
      went from being the pro-slavery Jefferson Davis Democratic bastion to
      the pro-segregation pro-lynching Strom Thurmond Confederate-flag
      waving Republican stronghold:

      http://ramlau.blogspot.com/2005/11/year-after.html

      The liberal Yankee Republicans were all converted by FDR and his
      followers ever since the New Deal era. So I say *blame* the Roosevelts.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2005
        Hi Randal.. Welcome to the group. One of the many
        things I like about this group is that opinion ( and
        we have lots of opinions here ) might be challenged
        with well-documented rebuttals. For instance, one of
        my first posts here compared the current Bush
        administration to the Taft presidency 100 years ago,
        an argument that has some merit but after the
        discussion was done, I came out of it with a much
        better appreciation for William Taft and came to
        realize that our current inhabitant has more in common
        with Wilson.
        It would be appropriate to cite a specific interview
        in 2001 with specific details (who, what, when, where,
        etc) rather than quote an article from a news source I
        have never heard of which did not provide any
        sourcing.
        We are all becoming increasingly wary of news
        reporting, especially when we have Judy Miller and Bob
        Woodward, both Pulitzer prize winners, caught in
        serious discrepancies that have done much harm to
        their careers. I probably won't believe either of them
        again, which is sad because I really used to admire
        Woodward.
        I hope you learn as much from this group as I have.

        Tom

        --- boredokie@... wrote:

        ---------------------------------

        The following article has been forwarded to you by a
        reader of NewsMax.com.
        To visit NewsMax.com, point your browser to
        http://www.newsmax.com

        ---------------------------------

        Forwarded by: Randal (boredokie@...)
        ---------------------------------

        Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman

        New York Senate hopeful Jeanine Pirro is blasting 2008
        presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for throwing a
        birthday party tonight for Ku Klux
        Klansman-turned-Senator Robert Byrd at the home of a
        civil rights pioneer.
        "It's outrageous and shocking that Senator Clinton and
        her Democrat colleagues would choose Frederick
        Douglass' house to honor Senator Robert Byrd, who has
        a history of involvement with hate groups and has used
        racial slurs publicly," Pirro spokeswoman Andrea
        Tantaros told the Associated Press.
        "Any person who has made racially insensitive comments
        and participated in groups that promote ethnic
        prejudice - Republican or Democrat - does not deserve
        support from a United States senator, especially the
        senator from New York, at a landmark that is so
        cherished by those who respect and honor racial
        equality," Pirro's spokeswoman added.
        Byrd joined the Klan in 1943 and rose the level of
        Kleagle before being unan . . .
        To read the rest of this article Click Here.

        Terms of Service.