Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman " data-tooltip="Forwarded Article: <font size="4">Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary&#39;s Party for Ex-Klansman </font>">Forwarded Article: Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman

  • boredokie@gawab.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2005

      The following article has been forwarded to you by a reader of NewsMax.com.

      To visit NewsMax.com, point your browser to http://www.newsmax.com.

      Forwarded by: Randal (boredokie@...)

      Jeanine Pirro Blasts Hillary's Party for Ex-Klansman

      New York Senate hopeful Jeanine Pirro is blasting 2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for throwing a birthday party tonight for Ku Klux Klansman-turned-Senator Robert Byrd at the home of a civil rights pioneer.

      "It's outrageous and shocking that Senator Clinton and her Democrat colleagues would choose Frederick Douglass' house to honor Senator Robert Byrd, who has a history of involvement with hate groups and has used racial slurs publicly," Pirro spokeswoman Andrea Tantaros told the Associated Press.

      "Any person who has made racially insensitive comments and participated in groups that promote ethnic prejudice - Republican or Democrat - does not deserve support from a United States senator, especially the senator from New York, at a landmark that is so cherished by those who respect and honor racial equality," Pirro's spokeswoman added.

      Byrd joined the Klan in 1943 and rose the level of Kleagle before being unan . . .

      To read the rest of this article Click Here.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2005
        Ugh, NewsMax.com needs better web designers besides the even more
        obvious.

        Byrd is one of the few rare Dixiecrats who did not switch party AND
        became pro-Civil Rights after the sixties. I wonder why the
        Republicans don't bring up the real racists like George Wallace more
        often. (Perhaps he's dead?) Anyhow, here is my answer to how the South
        went from being the pro-slavery Jefferson Davis Democratic bastion to
        the pro-segregation pro-lynching Strom Thurmond Confederate-flag
        waving Republican stronghold:

        http://ramlau.blogspot.com/2005/11/year-after.html

        The liberal Yankee Republicans were all converted by FDR and his
        followers ever since the New Deal era. So I say *blame* the Roosevelts.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2005
          Hi Randal.. Welcome to the group. One of the many
          things I like about this group is that opinion ( and
          we have lots of opinions here ) might be challenged
          with well-documented rebuttals. For instance, one of
          my first posts here compared the current Bush
          administration to the Taft presidency 100 years ago,
          an argument that has some merit but after the
          discussion was done, I came out of it with a much
          better appreciation for William Taft and came to
          realize that our current inhabitant has more in common
          with Wilson.
          It would be appropriate to cite a specific interview
          in 2001 with specific details (who, what, when, where,
          etc) rather than quote an article from a news source I
          have never heard of which did not provide any
          sourcing.
          We are all becoming increasingly wary of news
          reporting, especially when we have Judy Miller and Bob
          Woodward, both Pulitzer prize winners, caught in
          serious discrepancies that have done much harm to
          their careers. I probably won't believe either of them
          again, which is sad because I really used to admire
          Woodward.
          I hope you learn as much from this group as I have.

          Tom

          --- boredokie@... wrote:

[...]

          Terms of Service.