Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: The Culture War

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
      Ram.. Thank you, as always, for answering my
      questions. I just read this in a short bio on Grant:

      Grant learned that he was dying of throat cancer. He
      wrote his autobiography so that his family would not
      be penniless. Mark Twains helped get the book
      published. It was a success and brought the Grant
      family over half a million dollars.

      We had a discussion some time back about Twain's
      involvement in Grant's book. It would appear Twain was
      at least in the periphery, although far from clear
      whether he ghosted, as HST opined.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/CvmplB/TM