Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Democrats Win Gov. Races in N.J., Va.

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
      I really hope that the slash and burn, take no
      prisoners campaigning is wearing thin with voters.
      Dragging out ex-wives and using Hitler in campaign ads
      didn't work this time and I'd sure like to think that
      it is a trend, even if it is impossible to tell at
      this point.

      Tom

      http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051109/D8DOM65GE.html

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/CvmplB/TM

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
        Tom, congratulations on your city's vote against
        Proposition 2. As far as I know Austin's the only town
        in Texas that went against it. I had hopes that El
        Paso would vote no too, since we nearly always vote
        Democratic, but it passed here too.

        === message truncated ===
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
          Thanks, Greg.. Was the margin close in El Paso?
          Incidentally, I heard that Scott McClellan said that
          yeasterday's election showed how out of touch the
          Democrats are. Scott may want to guess again about who
          is out of touch.

          === message truncated ===
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
            No it wasn't close at all here (though we had low turn
            out, 8%, which is low even for El Pasoans, who are
            notoriously apathetic about politics). The final
            result here was 68% to 32%, 19854 votes to 9309 votes.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2005
              Kind of in line with the rest of the state.. I suspect
              that the churches got the vote out ( bigotry and
              hatred being part of what passes for Christian values
              these days) and most people stayed home.