A conservative pleads with Cheney to talk

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Columnist Nicholas D. Kristof writes in the New York
      Times (subscription required): "Come on, Mr. Vice
      President, tell us what happened.

      "A federal indictment charges that criminality swirled
      around your office, and it demeans this administration
      and the entire country when you hide in your bunker
      and refuse to say whether you knew of any such
      activities.

      "Five lawyers I've consulted all agree that there is
      no compelling legal reason why you should not discuss
      the situation. It's urgent that you clear the air. . .
      .

      "If you had nothing to do with any of this, then say
      so. But don't cower behind your lawyers. As it is,
      you're pleading 'no contest' in the court of public
      opinion, and that's painful for all of us who want to
      believe in the integrity of our government."

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/CvmplB/TM