Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: haha, this place is like an online nightclub ;)

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      I suppose I should jump in more. I was trying to think
      of ineffective presidents other than the ones you all
      listed, and the one that came to mind was Hoover. And
      what about Ford and Carter?

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/CvmplB/TM

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        Columnist Nicholas D. Kristof writes in the New York
        Times (subscription required): "Come on, Mr. Vice
        President, tell us what happened.

        "A federal indictment charges that criminality swirled
        around your office, and it demeans this administration
        and the entire country when you hide in your bunker
        and refuse to say whether you knew of any such
        activities.

        "Five lawyers I've consulted all agree that there is
        no compelling legal reason why you should not discuss
        the situation. It's urgent that you clear the air. . .
        .

        "If you had nothing to do with any of this, then say
        so. But don't cower behind your lawyers. As it is,
        you're pleading 'no contest' in the court of public
        opinion, and that's painful for all of us who want to
        believe in the integrity of our government."